94 Comments Join the Conversation

1. Nice. I will visit ParΓ­s this summer for the first time. I am exciting for taste the french bread, chocolate and the cheese.
    Do you have any advise?

• AHHH SO MUCH that you have to do! You must go to L’as du falafel if you like mediterranean, Angelina’s if you like hot chocolate, any of these if you like being cheap: http://goparis.about.com/od/foodanddiningtoppicks/tp/best_budget_res.htm, jardin du Luxembourg if you like being happy, Pho 13 or Pho 14 if you like Pho, anywhere in the Marais if you like vintage shopping. QUOI D’AUTRE…je ne sais pas. if you want any other particular suggestions i can see what else i’ve got stored up in that head of mine..!

• Oh! thank you, thank you. I appreciate you advise. Thank you again.

• Please do!! I am visiting for the first time this summer too! If you know of any cheap-thrills, please share! And know anything of the underground scenes?

• You are going to have a fantastic time. I’ve been six or seven times and it is so gorgeous. Make time to visit the Louvre. So many people visit to see the Mona Lisa but there is so much more to see. Musee D’Orsay is a hidden gem. Take a stroll down the Champs Elysee and choose one of the great restaurants to have a relaxing dinner and visit Guerlain and Sephora if you like make-up. If you have time please visit Galerie Lafayette for lunch. The food is great. You can choose from grilled salmon to a simple salad. There are great views of Paris and this is where so many locals ‘do lunch.’ Spend time looking around this store. It is simply stunning with its Art Nouveau design. If you have time for a day trip please visit Versailles. You will never forget the experience.

If you haven’t book a hotel have a think about renting an apartment for your break. It is a fabulous experience. You will do what the locals do and visit the supermarkets etc and get a true taste of Paris.

Writing this is making me want to take another trip to Paris.

Have a wonderful time.

Christine Ventour

2. One of my favorite tings to eat in Paris was actually quite simple…the baguette sandwiches with jambon et fromage. I’d love to be windowshopping by the Louvre, or anywhere else in Paris πŸ™‚ Congrats on being freshly pressed! Hope you’re enjoying the city of light! I have a blog as well http://myrenaissancelife.net/ check it out if you’re curious (it has french words in it, lol) I adore anything french. ~Kristy

• YOU ARE hitting the nail on the head. my favvvvorritteee is a baguette avec jambon et beurre!! oh mon dieu..
      Thank you for the nice comments, I will be checking in with your blog, thanks for leaving it posted!

3. My dream is to have coffee at one of those cafes along the streets, watching people such as the one in the picture above. Congrats on being freshly pressed.

4. I came to Paris four years back for a six month internship…… those were one the best six months of my life…. loved the street food – crepe, baguette and what not…. Nice pic…
    Our class always had this competition between London and Paris…. and of course Paris rocks!!! πŸ˜€

• Ha ha….. honestly I found Paris grungy when I first landed there….. it was around August, so summer was at its peak…. but the stretch around Sienne – nothing beats that… London is little more organized and formal as compared to Paris…. I liked the rawness of Paris…

5. HAHAHA! Only in Paris do you see people shopping with baguette in hand! ANOTHER reason that makes me want to LIVE there!

6. Great pic and yes the baguette as fashion accessory. However, although I love Paris London wins for me every time….why else would so many Parisians/French be over here? Vive la difference!

7. Just in that one picture, you have already made this girl very jealous! One day I would love to go window shopping in Europe, alas I am 13. Haha anyhow, congrats on being FP’ed and cool shot πŸ™‚

8. Only the young and thin can get away dressed like that…When I was there I didn’t see anyone over the age of 50 even approaching “hip” (myself included). But I do miss it, was a wonderful time.

9. I got the chance to go to Paris last Summer. Seeing the Louvre was amazing!~ I recommend booking a private tour/ only about 15 in our group. I used American Express Travel- Concierge Service.

10. i enjoyed every bit of Paris…the serenity of Charenton…and of course the marvel that is the louvre and the seine…

11. wow! handsome boy!
    Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed!
    awesome pic!

12. Great photo. Paris such a beautiful city. This makes me want to go back. Congrats on Freshly pressed.

13. Brilliant microcosmic illustration of Paris in a photo; it’s these things that make me so ecstatic to move there come September!

14. Great picture! I miss the city so much. Doing my very best to make it back there. I would appreciate any leads anybody has, you can find out more info on my blog,

http://www.katietoparis.com merci!

15. That baguette brings back memories of our strolls in Paris. We plan to return next year. I love the way many fashionable Europeans dress. Would love to have that “look” – not the young man’s above, but he does look cool – even though I am over 50.

16. Had the good fortune of visiting Paris a few years back. Although I could “live” in the Louvre for a month or more, I must preferred the South of France near Frayssinet. Went there on an artist retreat and was ready to move there.

17. Louvre is certainly a very beautiful place. If you want you can also visit Lakeside in Nepal. This is such a beautiful place. You’d love it I promise.

18. Cool photo – cool city. Brings back memories for me – including a mach = 18 sprint around the Louvre before rushing off to Paris Nord to catch the train (and no, you can’t do it the way Dan Brown seems to think). Thanks for sharing.

19. Congrats on the Freshly Pressed. Was the baguette photoshopped in? Doesn’t look real! It’s a nice picture of a hipster, but the tag on FP page said Fashion. What’s he wearing?

• Ha it is real! Is the awesome part. He’s just too incredibly stylish with his sweater over the shoulder, baggy-trendy pants, camera. Tout!!

20. I love window shopping anywhere it is – but even more than window shopping is people watching! Thanks for combining the two

21. Your blog and photos are such an inspiration. Hard to believe, but you can still sense some of that same je ne sais quoi in Saigon where I am now living. Blog on!

22. I could stare at your photo for hours…so many great details to disappear into and think about; so many ways this story could go. Great work!

23. Love the photo. Baguettes were fabulous in Paris and am looking forward to taking another trip there soon.

24. Amazing how one photo can generate so much interest. Great moment in time captured! The Paris Market is so cool. If I lived there, I would be just like Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa on Food Network) dreaming up all the things I could cook.

Rebekahafaulk.wordpress.com

25. I’m going to Paris in two weeks and I also want to be holding (well eating) a baguette while I’m window shopping.